The mindful way through depression : freeing yourself from chronic unhappiness / Mark Williams ... [et al.]Contributor biographical information Table of contents only 1 available
FVTC General Collection
BF575.H27 M56 2007
- viii, 273 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. + 1 CD (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Accompanying CD contains guided meditation practices for The mindful way through depression, narrated by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 245-258) and index.
- Introduction : Tired of feeling so bad for so long -- pt. 1. Mind, body, and emotion. "Oh, no, here I go again" : why unhappiness won't let go ; The healing power of awareness : making a shift to freedom -- pt. 2. Moment by moment. Cultivating mindfulness : a first taste ; The breath : gateway to awareness ; A different way of knowing : sidestepping the ruminative mind -- pt. 3. Transforming unhappiness. Reconnecting with our feelings ; those we like, those we don't like, and those we don't know we have ; Befriending our feelings ; Seeing thoughts as creations of the mind ; Mindfulness in everyday life : taking a breathing space -- pt. 4. Reclaiming your life. Fully alive : freeing yourself from chronic unhappiness ; Bringing it all together : weaving the mindfulness program into your life.
- Local Note
- Fox Valley Technical College
- Depression, Mental.
- Added Author
- Williams, J. Mark G.