The mindful teen : powerful skills to help you handle stress one moment at a time / Dzung X. Vo, MD, FAAP1 available
FVTC General Collection
BF724.3 S86 V63 2015
- x, 230 pages ; 20 cm.
- Instant help solutions
- Instant help solutions series.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Stress, health, and coping -- Wake up now! Autopilot vs. awareness -- Opening your heart and mind to free yourself from stress -- Feeling your own strength: sitting like a mountain -- Embracing the now -- Caring for your body: the body scan -- Everyday mindfulness: finding freedom wherever you are -- Mindfulness in motion -- Seeing your thoughts as only thoughts -- The art of stress: handling difficult emotions -- Handling school stress -- Building mindful friendships and romantic relationships -- Handling conflict with other teens -- Mindful peacemaking at home -- The power of mindfulness in sports, music, and the arts -- Mindfulness to help you sleep -- Self-compassion means taking care of yourself -- Putting your life on a mindful path.
- Being a teen is stressful! Whether it's school, friends, or dating, the teen years are full of difficult changes - both mentally and physically. If you're like many teens, you may have difficulty dealing with stress in effective ways. You aren't alone, and there are things you can do to stay calm, no matter how stressful life becomes. All you need to do is stop, breathe, and be mindful and aware in the present moment. The Mindful Teen offers a unique program based in mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) to help you deal with stress. The simple, practical, and easy-to-remember tips in this book can be used every day to help you handle any difficult situation more effectively - whether it's taking a test at school, having a disagreement with your parents, or a problem you are having with friends. If you're ready to uncover your own inner strength and resilience through mindful awareness and take charge of your life, this book will show you how.
- Stress management for teenagers.
- Continued By
- HELD BY WFB - 310 OTHER HOLDINGS