The mindful twenty-something : life skills to handle stress ... and everything else / Holly B. Rogers, MD1 available
FVTC General Collection
RC489.M55 R639 2016
- vi, 186 pages ; 21 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 185-186).
- Part 1: Getting ready -- 1. This is your life. Don't miss it -- 2. "Do I really have to meditate?" -- Part 2: Getting started -- 3. Mindfulness for calming and focusing -- 4. Here comes the Judge -- 5. Here you are in the present moment -- 6. Meet your observing mind -- 7. Overcoming obstacles -- Part 3: Expanding your understanding -- 8. Mindfulness for restless bodies and minds -- 9. Thinking mind is a stress machine -- 10. Get a grip on grasping and aversion -- 11. Acceptance reduces suffering -- 12. Resilience: surfing the waves with style -- Part 4: Developing insight -- 13. Mindfulness for training your attention -- 14. Wisdom: learning from experience -- 15. Values: what matters? -- 16. The skill of happiness -- Part 5: Carrying on -- 17. Mindfulness for enriching your life -- 18. Relating mindfully -- 19. Is mindfulness for you? -- 20. For the benefit of all.
- Stress is a modern-day epidemic, and with the tumult of busy schedules and major life changes that young adults experience, they're particularly vulnerable to its negative effects. In The Mindful Twenty-Something, the founder of the extremely popular Koru Mindfulness program developed at Duke University presents a unique, evidence-based approach to help twenty-somethings reduce stress and make important life decisions with respect to school, relationships, sex, career, and more with clarity and confidence.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy.
- Stress management.
- Meditation -- Therapeutic use.
- Mindfulness (Psychology)
- Young adults -- Mental health.
- Continued By
- HELD BY WFB - 153 OTHER HOLDINGS
- Other Form:
- Online version: Rogers, Holly. Mindful twenty-something. Oakland, CA : New Harbinger Publications, Inc.,  9781626254909 (DLC) 2016055952
- 1626254893 (pbk.)
- 9781626254893 (pbk.)