Counter clockwise : mindful health and the power of possibility / Ellen J. LangerAdditional Information at Google Books 1 available
FVTC General Collection
- 1st ed.
- xiii, 215 pages ; 22 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 197-206) and index.
- Counterclockwise -- Health, unlimited -- Variability -- The social construction of health -- Re-engineering medical rules -- Words in context -- What's in a word? -- Limiting experts -- Mindful aging -- Becoming health learners.
- Investigates the nature of the link between the nonmaterial mind to the material body, arguing that people do not have to accept preconceived notions about how health declines with age, and offering advice on how to open the mind to the psychology of possibility.
- Social psychology.
- Aging -- Prevention.
- Added Title
- Continued By
- HELD BY WFB - 535 OTHER HOLDINGS
- 0345502043 (hardcover)
- 9780345502049 (hardcover)