Eating well for optimum health : the essential guide to food, diet, and nutrition / Andrew Weil1 available
FVTC General Collection
- First Anchor Books edition.
- viii, 307 pages ; 21 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The Principles of Eating Well -- A Healing Story: From French Fries to Kale -- A Healing Story: The Knife and Fork Are Powerful Tools -- The Basics of Human Nutrition -- The Macronutrients: An Overview -- Carbohydrates Revisited: Staff of Life or Stuff of Sickness? -- Fat Revisited: The Best Part of Food or the Worst? -- Protein Revisited: How Much Is Enough? -- The Micronutrients -- A Healing Story: A Successful Encounter with Integrative Medicine -- A Healing Story: Overcoming Allergies -- The Worst Diet in the World -- A Healing Story: Learning to Make Healthful Food -- The Best Diet in the World -- A Healing Story: A Healthy Civic Leader -- A Healing Story: I Gave Up Fast Food -- A Matter of Weight -- A Healing Story: Conquering an Eating Disorder -- Buying Food and Eating Out (With a Word About Vibrations) -- A Healing Story: Nothing Is Easy -- An Alchemist in the Kitchen -- A Healing Story: Why I Eat Healthy -- The Recipes -- Soups -- Salads -- Appetizers -- Fish -- Vegetables -- Pasta, Rice, Potatoes -- Desserts -- The Optimum Diet -- Dietary Recommendations for Common Health Concerns -- The Possibility of Surviving Without Eating.
- Customized dietary advice is included for dozens of common ailments, among them asthma, allergies, heart disease, migraines, and thyroid problems. Dr. Weil helps us to read labels on all food products and thereby become much wiser consumers. Throughout he makes clear how an optimal diet can both supply the basic needs of the body and fortify the body's defenses and mechanisms of healing. And he always stresses that good food -- and the good feeling it engenders at the table -- is not only a delight but also necessary to our well-being, so that eating for health means enjoyable eating
- Nutritional Physiological Phenomena.
- Continued By
- NO HOLDINGS IN WFB - 2058 OTHER HOLDINGS