National Geographic complete guide to pet health, behavior, and happiness : the veterinarian's approach to at-home animal care / Gary Weitzman, DVM, MPH, CAWA1 available
FVTC General Collection
- 399 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- "Combining first aid, medical reference, and tips and tricks of the trade, here is your go-to-guide for at-home animal care, focusing on dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, and more! Building on more than two decades of veterinary experience, Dr. Gary Weitzman covers topics including upset stomachs, house training, physical ailments and behavior tips. The president and CEO of the San Diego Humane Society and former co-host of the weekly NPR show The Animal House, 'Dr. Gary' brings a wealth of experience to essential veterinary questions, revealing basic first-aid techniques, when a trip to the vet is necessary, dietary recommendations, simple training techniques, necessary supplies, essential behavior cues, and much more."-- Publisher's website.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 387-390) and index.
- Introduction -- Animal happiness and responsible pet ownership -- Everyday pet health and nutrition -- Pet behavior and training -- Emergencies and disaster preparedness -- Common health issues -- Diagnostics, aging, and holistic medicine -- Epilogue -- Appendix A: The status of animal welfare -- Appendix B: Over-the-counter drugs and dosages for dogs -- Appendix C: Common behavior drugs for dogs and cats.
- Pets -- Health.
- Pets -- Behavior.
- Pets -- Psychology.
- Added Author
- National Geographic Society (U.S.)
- Added Title
- Complete guide to pet health, behavior, and happiness
- Pet health, behavior, and happiness
- Continued By
- NO HOLDINGS IN WFB - 448 OTHER HOLDINGS
- 1426219652 (pbk.)
- 9781426219658 (pbk.)